One Prime Day I jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon and have never looked back! I am in love. Surely you’ve seen the rave reviews. Your friend keeps telling you to get one; your neighbor has one; your favorite recipe blogger has converted all her recipes to Instant Pot friendly. Maybe you’ve even seen the multitude of Facebook groups devoted specifically to sharing all things Instant Pot. Truthfully, I drug my feet for quite awhile before I finally succumbed to all the hype. I was terrified of the thought of a pressure cooker. I like to go straight to worst case scenario in my mind, so naturally I envisioned a fatal explosion. Death by Instant Pot (much like my death by carrot visions). This is the exact reason I had went to water bath canning in lieu of pressure canning when I first started gardening. The Instant Pot, however, is an electric pressure cooker, which makes it much easier and safer than a traditional pressure cooker (And don’t worry gardeners, I did eventually work myself up to pressure canning. Baby steps). Friends, believe me, you need to get yourself an Instant Pot. You can do this!
So here my top ten reasons you need an Instant Pot:
- It is so set it and forget it. No babysitting or constantly stirring. Set that thing and walk away. Think Crock Pot effort; with stovetop timing.
- It comes with a community. How many kitchen appliances can you say that about? There are countless Instant Pot groups out there ranging from keto, whole 30, beginner, vegetarian. You name it there is a group (or 10) for you. Each are designed to recipe share, trouble shoot, encourage, and offer tips. Have a question about your pot? Post it and get dozens of answers in real time.
- You can cook your meat frozen. Yep. You heard me. Forgot about dinner? Plans fell through? Throw some FROZEN chicken breast in there, and you can have dinner on the table in no time.
- You can defrost meat in it. To piggyback on reason #3, you can actually defrost your block of ground meat in the Instant Pot. Forget the uneven defrosting of the microwave. No forethought, no planning, no remembering to set the meat out. Can I get an amen from all the last minute mamas?!
- It is multi functional. We all know there is literally a kitchen gadget for everything, but who has room for all that? It can do the work of a rice cooker, egg cooker, slow cooker, Dutch oven, oven, and stove top. Seriously, friend, it just about does it all.
- It has a sauté function. This I love. Full disclosure: I typically skip the sear the meat option in most recipes. I just don’t want to go to the extra work of dirtying another pan. With the Instant Pot you sear it quick right in the pot and then cook it adding more flavor with no extra time or effort. Likewise, if you’re making a soup with ground beef or turkey, you can cook the meat in the pot on sauté before you set your pot to pressure.
- Original recipes convert. I don’t know about you, but I only have a certain number of new things I can learn; plus my children can start to revolt if I throw too many new recipes at them at once. Don’t worry, you don’t have to use all new recipes. Most of your everyday recipes will convert to Instant Pot simply cutting time and often, energy.
- Dessert. Yep, people are cooking cheese cakes in these things. And RAVING about it. Enough said.
- One pot meals. There is nothing better than a one pot meal. All the flavors meld together making it so tasty, but more importantly, easier cleanup. Not only can you can cook the traditional ideas of one pots like soups and chicken and rice, but you can get a little fancy using the pot in pot and steamer basket methods to cook separate components all at the same time. People are cooking their meatloaf, steaming their green beans, and cooking their potatoes for mashed potatoes all at the same time. All in the same pot!
- It cuts down cooking times. Things that took 6-8 hours in your Crock Pot, are now 15-45 minutes.
Do you already Instant Pot? If so, what’s your favorite feature? Still on the fence? What’s holding you back?
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out my Easy Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
***Mama In the Midst uses affiliate link programs. Thank you for clicking around my site!!