This taco seasoning is an absolute staple in our house. Everybody loves tacos! They are quick, easy, and ALL FOUR of my children like them. Can I get an, Amen?!
I started re evaluating some of our food choices when I had my first child years ago. I wanted to be more mindful of just what we were putting into our bodies. Over the years, I have made the shift toward mostly homemade, whole foods eliminating many overly processed foods. It’s important to note, however, that this mama is not a purist. I believe in balance. I try to make changes where and when I can, and let the rest go. This taco seasoning was one of my very first converts from processed to homemade because it was so easy and simple to do. And simple, healthy, kid-friendly is exactly my style of cooking! It’s just a few minutes of work, for loads of seasoning. The seasonings can be easily adjusted to suite your family’s tastes. You can also add this to more than just tacos: use in marinades, soups, dips, dressings, you name it.
This particular recipe makes approximately 20 servings. One serving equals 2 tablespoons (3 for a more robust, spicy flavor). Just throw together and store in an airtight container. I love storing food in mason jars with these plastic lids for freshness.
- 1 1/4 Cups Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Oregano (use Mexican Oregano for more authentic flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 10 Tablespoons Cumin
- 6 Tablespoons Sea Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Black Pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- Add 2 Tablespoons (3 for more heat) with 1 cup water to 1 lb ground browned meat. Simmer to thicken approximately 5 minutes.
Enjoy! What simple whole food swaps have you made for your family? Looking for other quick, healthy recipes? Check out these roasted asparagus and easy Instant Pot Hardboiled eggs recipes for more simple, family friendly recipes.
Mama In the Midst uses affiliate link programs. Thank you for clicking around my site!!