Thank you for checking out my Best Leggings Round Up & Review. This post contains affiliate and referral links. I was gifted the Zyia Midnight Camo leggings for the purpose of honest review and purchased all others. All opinions are my own.
Best Leggings Round Up & Review
Hey, friends! I’m here to talk about something really important with you today: leggings. Ok, so this may not be my deepest post, but let’s be real, I do possess a deep, strong love for leggings. Athleisure is my love language. And comfort is king, (or queen) in my world. And as if that wasn’t enough, most leggings can take you to the gym, to work, to church, to your kids’ school, to date night, AND to bed. Now that is multitasking at it’s finest. So, I have done the extensive research for you all and lived in almost exclusively leggings for years. (Clearly I am a highly dedicated and sophisticated journalist doing committed work over here.) And with this exhaustive research, I bring you the best leggings round up and review! Swipe through the look books for whole outfit details.
Best Leggings Round Up & Review
Zella Live In Leggings
- Sizing and fit: true to size. I wear a medium. High rise. Medium compression.
- Squat test: A+. You cannot see through these at all.
- Stay put waistband: A+. No hiking needed. This waistband stays up even during workouts.
- Wash and Wear: A+. I have pairs that have lasted years.
- Price point: Mid, but they do go on sale often.
Takeaway: These are my go to leggings. I wear them repeatedly, have them in just about every color and pattern, and dress them up and down. They are thick enough to smooth out anything you may want to be hidden, but also breathable enough to endure a workout.
90 Degree by Reflex High Waist Yoga Pants
- Sizing and fit: runs true to size. I’m wearing a large because I read to size up, but I would not recommend it if you want them to stay put. High rise. Medium compression.
- Squat test: A. No show in this particular style. However, I do have another style of this brand that do.
- Stay put waistband: B+. Some hiking during workouts, but minimal.
- Wash and Wear: A+. I was pleasantly surprised how amazingly a legging at this price point would hold up after repeated washes.
- Price point: Low.
Take Away: These are considered Zella dupes. I love the price point and durability of these. They have a nice thickness. However, they are not quite as forgiving and flattering as the Zellas, but they are a great basic legging that won’t break the bank.
Zyia Midnight Camo Light n Tight Hi-Rise.
- Sizing and fit: True to size. I wear a medium. High rise. Strong compression.
- Squat test: A+. No show through!
- Stay put waistband: A+. 100%. No hiking whatsoever.
- Wash and Wear: A+ so far. These are new, so I cannot speak to how they’ll hold up over a long period of time at this point. But after a few washes, they look great.
- Price point: High. They are an investment piece, but so far seem worth the splurge.
Takeaway: I really love these. More so than I thought. They are really thin, but not the least bit sheer. And they are flattering, which I think can get tricky with the thinner leggings. The compression support is amazing for workouts. This is my first pair of leggings with strong compression, and it really does make a difference. To be completely honest, I wasn’t sure if these would be worth the price, but they exceeded my expectations. If you’re looking to invest in a really nice pair of quality leggings, these are it. You can shop my referral link here, then click on Mama In The Midst online party.
Spanx Faux Leather Leggings.
- Sizing and fit: run small. I wear a large. When I tried on the medium, the entire backside was completely sheer–not my look of choice! High rise. Mild compression.
- Squat test: B. There is a bit of see through in the squat even after sizing up.
- Stay put waistband: A+. 100%. No hiking required.
- Wash and Wear: A+. They have held up really well.
- Price point: High, but you can find them on sale for a little less. They are an investment piece, for sure, but I have found it well worth it.
Takeaway: I love these leggings. They dress up and down so easily. And are a staple go to. You can pair these with anything and they add just a little something special. I will say that because of their price point, I do choose not to workout in these simply because I want to keep them for nice and have plenty of leggings for workouts. If you’re looking for a cheaper option, there are a pair of Zella legging faux leather dupes that I really love and wear all the time for all the things including workouts to keep my Spanx nice. Also 90 Degrees by Reflex makes a pair of Spanx dupes at a super low price point that I have not tried yet.
Colorfulkoala Womens High Waist Yoga Pants.
- Sizing and fit: True to size-ish, they run just a tad big. If you are in between sizes, size down. They do stretch just a bit as you wear throughout the day. I am wearing a medium. High rise. Mid compression.
- Squat test: A. Even though they were thin, they were not sheer.
- Stay put waistband: A. Never hiked my whole workout, but they do stretch a little over time.
- Wash and Wear: A+ so far. These are brand new, so I cannot speak to how they hold up over time yet.
- Price point: Low.
Takeaway: These are a new find, and I’m impressed. They are considered Lululemon dupes, and are a really great option for lower price point leggings. Even though they’re thin, they are still flattering. These are a great everyday legging for running errands or 5ks.
What about you? Are you team leggings or team jeans? Do you have a go to legging brand?
If you Enjoyed this post, you may like:
*Fair Trade and Ethical Fashion
Thank you for checking out my Best Leggings Round Up & Review. As always, I am so grateful for you!! Mama In The Midst contains affiliate and referral links. I was gifted the Zyia Midnight Camo leggings for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Carissa Nelson says
Love this!! You look so chic and comfy—especially in the leopard sweatshirt combo! And I’ve had trouble styling the leather look leggings-love how you paired them here!
Thanks! I wear that leopard shirt ALL the time!! And thanks! I saw pair them with just about anything!! Dressy or casual!
Such a great post! I really need to get a pair of faux leather leggings! Too cute! I haven’t tried out Zella leggings but I do have several 90 degrees pairs and love them. -Cassie http://www.thedarkplum.com
Thank you!! You do need a pair of faux leather!! You know 90 degrees makes a pair if you like that brand!!